Peer workers, like in any professional discipline, need quality, standardised training and ongoing professional development.
Through extensive research and co-design, SHARC has developed Peer Worker Training.
This comprehensive training provides a vital knowledge base for peer workers, and ensures that the peer workforce has a discipline-specific framework.
This training is designed for current peer workers, emerging peer workers and consumers interested in participating in peer work.
The SHARC Peer Worker Training seeks to:
• Educate peer workers around the concepts and core competencies of the peer work discipline
• Assist peer workers to apply best practice peer work in formalised settings
• Offer an Intentional Peer Support (IPS) lens to the peer work discipline
• Increase confidence and develop skills in communication and navigating relational parameters
• Develop understandings of ethical practice and workplace legislative requirements