The Centre for Excellence in Peer Support aims to support the implementation and development of peer support programs within services. This website aims to provide access to resources, facilitate co-ordination between services and promote best practice in peer support. The Centre may be useful for services or health professionals who are:
- Wanting to enhance the effectiveness of peer support positions in your workplace
- Considering establishing peer support positions in your workplace
- Looking for practical resources to ssist with setting up or further developing peer support (including managing volunteers)
- Wanting to access research on peer support
- Seeking information about different models and best practice in peer support
- Looking for a peer support group to refer a consumer and/or family/carer to
- Seeking information to provide to a consumers and/or family/carer about becoming a peer support worker (Information about training and pathways to employment here)
- Looking for assistance with specific issues, by asking questions on the Forum
If you currently run a peer support group or provide other peer support work, please add your details to the Directory.
We value hearing your views on the site and contributions or suggestions for information to add. Please comment here.